Monday, June 30, 2008

Consider the Ravens

"Then Jesus said to his disciples: 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or rap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than the birds!'" Luke 12:22-24 NIV

How much of my daily life to spend chanting this verse. As a primarily stay-at-home mom that only makes a little extra income on my part-time classes that I teach at a local community college during the school year - I need that verse. God will provide. God will provide. God will provide. I have never gone without. God will provide. I truly believe that. In this economic crisis that we are facing, I find it interesting that more and more people are turning to that truth. I am so thankful that we have more to this life than food and clothes. We have our souls.

Do you have a story where God provided for you? I'd love to hear it.

No comments: